Google+ What I Made Today: Liquid Jewels

Monday, July 4, 2011

Liquid Jewels


Today I simmered some of my glimmering, red currants in preparation for jelly-making. This is not a skill of mine, so I've elicited the skillful support and wisdom of my mother-in-law. I consider her a master jelly-n-jam-maker.


I'll be freezing the resulting juice, strained and filtered as glistening clear as I can get it, and heading to her home with juice, sugar, pectin and jars, to watch, help and learn. It's about time, too!

That's what I made today. Peace.

.

11 comments:

Beth Howard said...

They just look so *pretty*!

booahboo said...

Like beautiful red lanterns. The picture is so beautiful!

JDConwell said...

They look like they have light inside them.

Audrey said...

Oh Yum!!!
Good stuff Rose :)

Audrey

Wizardess said...

Yep. Treasure.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

ooooo- we used to make currant jelly when i was a kid- we had one bush

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Currants look so cool. Our bush is right up against the pump house. You took a beautiful photo Rosemari~~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

They are so beautiful to look at! We harvested black currants and they are just wonderful to use in scones. Can't wait to make them!

Adaptable Kay said...

What beautifully vivid pictures-I can't wait to hear all about the process :)

Julia Winkler said...

How did your jelly turn out? Your pictures are lovely!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Pan's daughter … I'll let you know … I plan to meet up with my mother-in-law early this week! :D