Google+ What I Made Today: A Gem of Gratitude

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Gem of Gratitude



This morning's reflections reminded me that this Thanksgiving holiday is the *first* Thanksgiving holiday that I've not "had" to travel in … some 34-ish years.

In these reflections I recognize that I miss Little Rita, my mom, in my own way … and yet, I do not miss all the traveling (and upheaval) that that relationship fostered. I also recognize the lengths that us two-leggeds will go to for LoVe. We're foolishly amazing. Or amazingly foolish. It all depends on the moment, methinks.


In this acknowledgement of shadow and light I walked into today's reality and into the mirror of this holiday week with a new gem of gratitude to light the path. And what a shiny gem it is.

Peace.

6 comments:

Debi said...

I wish you a joyous visit and celebration! Yes some do go to extra effort for others, especially during celebrations, it does your soul good! xoxoDebi

Tammie Lee said...

it is so interesting indeed, it is no fun traveling at holidays, i will be doing that, my drive will be 24 hours, with out breaks, hoping there won't be snow storms....

i am grateful for the freedom you are experiencing. lovely holidays to you.

Unknown said...

Enjoy creating new traditions. Deep gratitude for you in my life.

LE CHEMIN DES GRANDS JARDINS said...

Blog accueillant, convivial et à l'échelle humaine, ce qui est très important pour moi. Félicitation
Amicalement.

Roger

LE CHEMIN DES GRANDS JARDINS said...

Blog accueillant, convivial et à l'échelle humaine, ce qui est très important pour moi. Félicitation
Amicalement.

Roger

Sharkbytes said...

Love the flower- glad you had a calm holiday. Traveling to spend time with people who increase your stress level is always difficult, even if you care about them.