Google+ What I Made Today: A Mirror More Me

Friday, November 1, 2013

A Mirror More Me

…work in process… 

For me this is a pivotal time of year. Holistically. Meaning: In a number ways that impact a number of aspects of me. But for now, for this post, I focus on one.

Historically, the month of October has been a time of linear reflection for me. A time to reflect back over the past year, consider what sustained me and what depleted me, what challenged me and what my annual evolution "looked like." This year I was not called to that particular mirror. Oh, I reflected back over the past year, but not with the fierce intensity of years past. This year the veracity of the process shifted—with me. Oh, I found myself paging through journals in preparation for workshops and in seeking inspiration for workshop development, but not to reflect back. Rather, to reflect into The Now and into the future.

As my awareness on this shift came into focus I realized that this past year had been filled with a kind of high intensity verve that had linked me—quite consciously—throughout most of the ride. I had chewed, savored, swallowed, digested and assimilated all the vital and meaningful experiences throughout the year. All the nourishment, the savory and the bitter, were already integral. No need to reflect back.

I welcomed that change. I greet it today with open arms and heart. As I step into my 55th year, I feel (for lack of better phrasing) more whole and holy than I have felt in a very long time. Possibly ever. In this life, anyway.

But, hey, that could change too. And I'm cool with that. Because I know what I've known all along, consciously and not, that it is not the reflection that I seek that bolsters my evolution … it is the reflection I see. Now. Always Now.

So you, kind reader, pause now. Conjure your mirror, your reflection. What do you see? Now.

Peace.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great way to look at life! You are a true inspiration! Thank you for sharing!

Debi said...

You are at peace it seems, that is huge! Best. Wishes on your special day! I hope you dance and smile! The mirror for me must wait for now! Your inspiration , a welcome example! xoxoDebi in Canada

Bird said...

Hi Rose and bright blessings. This is a wonderful post. I feel deep connection when I read it. I wonder if that is what you were feeling when you wrote it. It vibrates with connection to everything. I have been having that happen to me this past month so I also wonder if that is why I find it in the words of your post. I've had some very subtle but deep and profound experiences this month that have had me look into the mirror of my soul. May you have a beautiful November, Bird

Carol said...

You sound as if you are at peace with yourself and that is a wonderful place to be. I am heading there....not quite there yet at 61...but then I tend to take longer to get things done :)

Debbie said...

Wishing you a wonderful birthday and may your year ahead be your best one yet. Sounds like you are in a really good place . . . <3

Fil said...

Have a wonderful birthday Rose and may the coming year be as fulfilling as the past one. Really enjoying your posts. Fil in Ireland

JFM said...

Keeping a journal helps to give inspiration and helps one to think back on the past year to see where improvements can be made and/or new ideas to enjoy ones' life.

This was a wonderful post and a Happy 55 to you! I am 67 and still learning and enjoying my life. I of course have days that are a challenge...even weeks. But this is what living is all about.

Jan

Unknown said...

Love it - have seen the process or some of it any way and am enjoying watching you blossom anew.

Unknown said...

dear Rose your blog is magical and inspiring in many, many ways. Thank you for sharing your art, magical moments and wisdom.

http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

Adorebynat said...

Hi Rose, it's my first time dropping by at your blog. Such a great blog you have. It seems that you are content and wow that's a really good thing. Wishing you a wonderful birthday!

Dawn Hill said...

As always, you inspire. I so want to be Rose when I grow up!

Sharkbytes said...

My mirror is temporarily cracked, but I'm working on gluing it back together.