Google+ What I Made Today: Time and Space for Summer's Entrance

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Time and Space for Summer's Entrance

Welcome summer, to my little corner of the northern hemisphere. Even the night sky lights your way with a glorious full moon.
I read Shakespeare to the trees, as I do every year, and to anyone else who will listen (like The Spouse, bless his heart), sometimes choking on the beauty, and pausing to wipe tears from my eyes.
I've been called to work with grasses, and to learn more about them. As I learn I create, and as I create, I learn. It's a perfect relationship. A spiraling dance. Anyway... I often create healing tools on the solar holy days, and so is born this Spirit Wand, created intuitively with a mystery grass from my own little backyard. The sweetest surprise is the music it makes.
Along with my red-handled Spirit Wand, I continued the creative verve, with the healing music of the grasses. I have other bundles harvested, drying and waiting in my creative queue.
As for this morning, I made a batch of full moon solstice soap. And started this emerald magic: Tincture of Nepeta cataria.

This afternoon/evening I head to the studio for a bit ~ with The Spouse, no less ~ to paint another hub cap (or two) for a charity fundraising event coming up this weekend, hosted by The Hive in New Hartford, Connecticut.

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I love how you are always busy and creative in everything you do. Great post. Thank you.

GlorV1 said...

Happy Summer to you!

Carol said...

Welcome to summer ! Your wands are beautiful ♥