Google+ What I Made Today: Lughnasadh Blessings

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Lughnasadh Blessings

 

August kicks off - in my realm - with sunshine, good air quality, unusual tempered temperatures, and a good dose of righteous indignation. And being a backyard farmer with some Irish in me, this holy time of Lughnasadh holds a special place in my life and in my heart. 

Of course, any event that honors the earth, our divine Mother, my beloved Nona Gaia, her abundance 'n' generosity, is an event that I'll embrace with a madness. Such earth-centered holy days act to ground - and ground again 'n' again - my dedication to nurturing the living rituals that are part of my daily living. Rituals that nourish and sustain life. All life. Thus, that righteous indignation (but that's yet another rant for yet another day, gods willing ::knock wood::). 

Righteous indignation aside, today I'll be harvesting green beans, zucchini, kale, collards, beets, maybe another cabbage, french fingerlings, peppers, green onions, the first couple of ripe tomatoes, and possibly a few carrots... parsley, dill, cilantro, summer savory, Mexican mint, calendula, mullein, monarda, yarrow, other botanicals, and - yep - sweet, sweet basil. 

Not to mention echinacea, wild carrot, zinneas, and other blossoms to add color 'n' verve to our day, and days. 

What color 'n' verve are you harvesting this holy day, this season, this life that nourish and sustain? What prayers do you live? 

What prayers do you live?

Peace. ðŸ•Š


No comments: