Google+ What I Made Today: Sam the Cat

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Sam the Cat

It's been forever since I've participated in a creative challenge. It's been forever since I've participated in any online art community. But I want to get back to it, because it's such a good Medicine, and so I shall. I need to be patient with myself, as this is a very busy time of year for us on our little acre, what with growing, harvesting, and preserving a lion's share of our own vegetable food. That said, I do journal in some way most every day, be it words, scribbles 'n' doodles, some thing… because creative expression is good Medicine.

I used to be a regular participant of Art Journal Journey, and it's been years - literal years - since I've engaged. Yet this month's theme inspired me to catch a sketch of Sam the Cat, sitting on a book, gazing out the window, while I sipped a cup of tea. After all, this month's theme is Books, Cats and Tea

So there it is: A baby step to return to the fab community of art journalers out there. It feels good. ::nods::

🕊

11 comments:

sirkkis said...

Nice drawing, and it's a good start of art working 👍

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Rose, nice to meet you. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ for Elles challenge. Your cat drawing is fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

Laura said...

i love your sketch. it's always good to start something new or to restart something enjoyed from the past.
love & magicks
~*~

My name is Erika. said...

Being creative is the best medicine! I am so glad you joined us at AJJ Rose with this great sketch. And looking at your journal page you remind me that cats (and dogs, etc) are good medicine too. This might feel like a baby step to you, but it is a great page. Thanks for sharing. hugs-Erika

Tammie Lee said...

Wonderful sketch, captures a mood.
how fun that you are inspired in this way.

Pirate said...

Thanks for your enthusiasm and creativity in writing this blog

pearshapedcrafting said...

This may be a baby step but I absolutely love this page, I'm so pleased that you are getting back to entering challenges. Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Elle's theme, hugs, Chrisx ps I did slow down today, Thank you! x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Bleubeard and I are delighted to meet you, Rose. You draw beautifully and I really love your cat. Bleubeard gives it two paws up, too! Thanks for taking what you may consider baby steps, but art heals and it IS wonderful medicine. Thank you so very much for sharing this incredible drawing with us at Art Journal Journey using Elle's incredible theme.

nwilliams6 said...

Fabulous drawing. Love it and it is perfect for this month's theme!!!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful sketch page!
Have a good week, hug Elke

craftytrog said...

A beautiful sketch of Sam the cat Rose.