Google+ What I Made Today: Green Love

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Green Love

Tincture of Eupatorium perfoliatum, commonly called boneset, a premier medicinal for flu treatment and prevention. I was inspired by Paul Bergner to make this fresh batch this year.

Infused vinegar of Solidago spp., better known as goldenrod. I love herbal vinegars, though this one is a new one for me and I was inspired to make it by Susun Weed.

Vanilla extract. Three beans, split, to eight ounces of brandy. This way, I can use it in all my recipes, even those that are gluten free.

Three ounces of dried Origanum vulgare, oregano leaf, stripped from the stems and jarred up. Three ounces may not seem like a lot, but that's a gallon jar.


About the same of Leonurus cardiaca, the lion-hearted motherwort.

And some other love too. Green love.

7 comments:

Bathgasm said...

These pictures are lovely!

Unknown said...

Very cool!

Laura said...

I love this. I made a small batch of sage infused oil and basil infused oil yesterday. Lovely!

Mrs Sweetwater said...

ooooooooo, lovely. I think you have one of the nicest food and healthy living blogs I've seen in a while.

I'm buying ec ads to support you.
Keep it Up, and You'll be Number One in No Time.
~RE

Julia said...

I guess I really did not realize how fuzzy oregano was! I am going to look it up on Calflora now so I can see it in a non dried condition. :)

C.W. Wolf said...

I am currently learning of Boneset, I had some in my tea a few days ago. Always enjoy your blog so much my friend.
~ Brother Cloud

Amy said...

Yeah gluten free!! WOOT! I hate the misconception that ppl have that vinegar is not gluten free! Most are!