Google+ What I Made Today: Bread -n- Wine

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bread -n- Wine

Today I made banana bread and played with layering paint, color and texture as I worked on some new ACEO pieces.
I puttered in the garden, machete in hand, sheers in pocket, clearing spent patches of vegetation. I'm still resisting the need to pull out the failing tomatoes. I guess I'm still mourning their demise. Even so, I was able to gather a modest harvest of summer squashes, green beans, green onion, kale and peppers.
Last night I bottled five bottles each of rhubarb mead, rhubarb wine and blueberry wine. Tomorrow I'll be doing freezer inventory of fruit to access my next brewing project. That's what I made today.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Bread, fresh veggies, and wine. Who could ask for anything more?

peace,
mike
livelife365

Divaeva said...

hmmm *thinks*
oh yes...I made a new friend today - thanks to the blog craft prodject I posted last night! Thanks Rose!!!
Heading out to see what else I can make....

Bianca said...

It all looks delicious! When do we get to see the ACEOs???


Bianca
www.championofthesun.blogspot.com

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

So true, Mike. So true. :)

Woo hoo Eva!

Bianca ... thanks and as for those ACEOs, today methinks - at least a few of them!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Our tomatoes are going gonzo, though so many people have said there's are not doing well.

My peppers, however, are pitiful.

Now that the kids are back in school, I'm going to look into making more brews!

Anonymous said...

ooo blueberry wine? yum!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Mrs. B - enjoy your brewing! I know I am - ALL of it!

Oooo, indeed, Nancy. :)

Tammie Lee said...

someday I look forward to making my own wine.... I think I am waiting for my own home. Although I do have dandelion wine under the cabin that is over a year old now. You are such an inspiration!
Spirithelpers

Alison said...

I hear you about the tomatoes! The eggplants and the pole beans are the only plants doing well for me this summer. Ever my cucumbers were a bust!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you Tammie - one good inspiration deserves another. :)

Yes Alison, it has been a challenging year in the garden for many of us.