Google+ What I Made Today: Plarn

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Plarn

My participation in earthstock last Sunday afforded me with plastic bags of plastic bags in one very large plastic bag. They had more to offer me, but I took only one. Which was a lot! You see, every earthstock attendee who turned in 10 plastic bags received a reusable, washable, Gaia-friendly, cloth shopping bag. Nice!

Today I finally spent time with these plastic bags and my trusty scissors and began creating balls of plarn - plastic yarn. The day was sunny, so I enjoyed this task in fresh air and sunshine, amid the smiling gratitude of Mama Earth.


This small gesture of up-cycling combined with the blossoming of the violets, not to mention the birth-and-death date of The Bard this past week, was honored with a home-brewed libation . . . a proper Elizabethan Violet Flower Wine.



Cheers!

No comments: