Google+ What I Made Today: Tablecloth Apron . . .

Friday, April 11, 2008

Tablecloth Apron . . .

You may, or may not, be aware that I am making standard herbal and Nature-related products for sale for the first time in many years. In fact, I will be vending at earthstock in Plainville, CT as well as offering my ever-popular weedwalks and doing some recycle/upcycle demonstrations. I have a cash box from the old days, but decided I would prefer a light-duty utility apron with multi-pockets to manage any dollars and other handy items.

As I considered what salvaged or scrap fabric to use I remembered the little card-table sized tablecloth that I got from my mom with the matching napkins. It had small holes and rust stains where the napkins had been pinned to it for probably some 30-years or more. I can't remember the last time my mom played bridge, and I'm certain this was its purpose.

In that little faded-drab-pink tablecloth I saw my apron.



A few cuts . . .



Some piecing and stitching . . . and I had my new little four-pocket apron.



Plus, with the small pieces that remained I created two more bookmarks.



And what is old is made new again!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Another beautiful creation.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Awww . . . Thank you. :)

Unknown said...

how gorgeous!!!!! and rosie pink too... how perfect!!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yes. I've been making peace with pink.