Google+ What I Made Today: An Early Rise

Friday, May 8, 2009

An Early Rise

In less than a week, the Forest Folk Festival kicks off, bringing together folks from all over New England, down the eastern seaboard, New York, Wisconsin and then some. These folks come together in the spirit of Unity to celebrate all that we share in common and to learn about our perceived differences (only to discover that they're really not so different!). These folks come together to benefit the HOPEful works of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. These folks come together to offer non-perishables and personal items to the Connecticut Food Bank. These folks come together to enjoy a spirited weekend in the woods, filled with workshops, entertainment, food, FIRE, drumming, dancing, hiking, expressing, sharing, growing, loving ... Community.

This morning, before the cock crowed, I updated our coordinators' gate-duty schedule and feeding schedule and our weekend one-sheet schedule. I updated one of my volunteers with helpful information. Now I prepare to pull together my camping, food, libation and event lists to update and consolidate them in order to make the gathering of Things Needed a simple a task as I am able.

And remember, even if you can't make it to the Forest Folk Festival you can contribute to the effort by making a donation to St. Jude or by purchasing one of my "Pure & Simple" Spirit Cords at my ArtFire Studio.

That's what I made so far today ... perhaps there'll be more to share later ...

5 comments:

Deanna Lack said...

This sounds like an amazing festival! Wish I was a little closer and could drop by. I'm doing a middle school Renaissance festival myself today... teaching middle schoolers Renaissance dancing is always fun if you can get them to hold hands ;)

readingsully2 said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great week-end.

St. Jude's is my favorite charity.

Divaeva said...

oh my - so many lists to make - so much to do and I head out to NY for 4 days for work! Still trying to figure out something w/tequila for the dinner! LOL do lime wedges make a good side dish? ;)

Unknown said...

im looking forward to seeing you there, dear rose! :)

Laura Rose said...

me too!