Google+ What I Made Today: A Modest Step Up

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Modest Step Up


My new camera arrived this afternoon. It's a modest step up from my old one. The battery latch on my old Coolpix L15 was busted, so that if I didn't hold it just right they'd fall out. You can't take photos when the batteries are around your feet. Needless to say I unpacked the parts, made sure they were all there, got the battery charging, the software installed and set to reading the manual. And I pulled the veggies out to at least pretend to be getting dinner ready.

Once the battery was charged I had to test the process. I took a couple photos with my sweet, new Coolpix P80 and attempted the import. It had started to drizzle, so I took shots of my computer screen and the rest was a snap. That's what you see here, my computer screen. Silly, huh?

What can I tell you? It's the little things in life. Now … I'm really gonna make some dinner.

Peace.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted what type of camera that you take your beautiful shots with. I have wondered that for so long. I want a new camera and have been looking at Nikon. Saving my money and when I sell something it goes into the camera fund. I'll bet you will be relieved not to hold the battery door closed anymore.
: )

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I was so sad when my semi decent camera got ruined, I bought a different one but forgot to check for image stablization. Now I just use my crappy iphone camera :( someday, Ill be cool like you

Divaeva said...

Ha! I hold my battery flappy thing shut too...mom felt so bad for me she loaned me hers for the cruise! Suppose it's time to break down and get a new one too!

Brizel Handcrafts said...

CONGRATS & ENJOY !

Vincent James Pia said...

CONGRATS ON THE NEW CAMERA!!!

Even if it is one of those Nikon things, LOL!

But I see that your computer is a Mac... so I'll "forgive" you! ;-)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

@GypsyGoods - I don't care what anyone (Vin) says - it's not the camera, it's the photographer that makes a great photo. :)

@K - you *are* cool!

@Divaeva - Your mother loves you. :)

@Brizel - thank you sweetie!

@Vin - I accept your (unnecessary) absolution. LOL! And yeah - my MacDaddy rOcKs! :D

Reanaclaire said...

hello..first time coming by.. interesting blog you have here..

http://reanaclaire.com

Tammie Lee said...

yea a new camera and already took photos, this is no little thing. Have a grand time shooting!

I saw some arnica still blooming the other day, was surprised, as I haven't seen them for quite a while. You know I thought of you.

Reeni said...

Yay for your new camera! I use a coolpix too. Have fun with it.

Joanne Olivieri said...

That actually is an awesome shot of your computer screen. Normally taking shots of a computer screen come out blurry so your new camera is pretty cool.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks again everyone. I've been taking my time getting to know all the settings through the manual and - more so - through my own experience. It's been fun, when I can fit it in!

And no kiddin' Poetic Shutterbug - it was hit-r-miss shot, I just took the pic and hoped for the best! :)

Zom said...

Fun, new creative toy!