Google+ What I Made Today: A Sage Dent

Friday, September 3, 2010

A Sage Dent


Today I made a dent in my sage. A small dent, but a dent nonetheless. I finally got to the wise, green beauty for a partial harvest and made about 25 bundles for drying. They're hanging in my little hut now, releasing their fragrant wisdom into the air. And I breathe in deep. I have more to harvest and dry. All in good time.

Tomorrow I head to the Watertown, CT Farmers Market. I'll be doing an "Intro to Herbalism" presentation in the morning, followed by browsing and some shopping, as well a picking up another 70 pounds of tomatoes from Dinebergs Farm. I'm looking forward to it. Even to the work and sweat that will follow.

Peace.

10 comments:

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Oh that looks lovely Rose, I love love the smell of sage!
I bet it smells heavenly there!

Rue said...

Wow - that is alot of sage! I still have some local wild sage hanging - I love walking by it and catching a whiff!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It *does* smell heavenly, Cindy!

And Rue … I still have a *lot* more to harvest!

Suz said...

Beautiful sage! It reminds me of the Black Hills where my husband and I used to do sweatswuth his Native American friends years ago. We took a good friend in once and he had a severe allergic reaction :-(

I read the next two posts and loved the pictures, especially the one of the beacon.

My daughter and I have a relatively new blog and make repurposed jewelry. The blog isn't just about that, though. Stop by if you wish...

http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com

Suz

Wizardess said...

Hey I have a bunch of lemon balm. Any ideas of what I should do with it?

brandi said...

~your sage looks like the bundles of lavender i just harvested...so blessed to have such an abundance of thee...wishing you well at your presentation this morning...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Sandra La Knitalian said...

H-5 to your sage harvest!!! Mine got smashed by the next-door neighbor's tree falling after a microburst, GAH! curses!!!Hope it comes back better next year :)

Healing Woman said...

I can almost smell the sage as I view it hanging from the tree. I usually dry my herbs in a paper bag and place in my car-as it dries-the car smells heavenly. I never thought of hanging it up high in an area where you pass by and can enjoy the aroma. Great idea.

Tammie Lee said...

beautiful beautiful sage~
tomatoes to make yummy sauces, ummmm

Campbell Jane said...

I'd help you with those tomatoes if I could. ;) My sage seems to be dying out right now probably from the heat!