Google+ What I Made Today: Season's Web

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Season's Web

These past couple days I've made myself comfortable at home after several days away in the woods on The Farm with friends and loved ones. For several years now we find ourselves gathering in spring, in high summer and again - now - at summer's close to celebrate the season of Harvest and share community by way of food, fire, kinship, story, craft, art, drumming, laughter, hay rides and more. And lots of love.

I've been home since sunday evening and now I'm weaving my daily routines back into place and doing my best to honor the exit of these final days of summer as I prepare for autumn's formal arrival. It's a challenge for me this year, to bid farewell to summer, for it feels as if much of summer was pulled out from under my feet. Even so, I look forward to the close of the high growing season, to preserving the last of the garden harvests, to moving indoors, cooking warming meals and settling in for the winter to follow.

There's still a couple of active months ahead of me, but for now I turn my attention to the autumn seeds, the spinning of the earth, the spinning of the seasons, and the webs I choose to weave from the spirals of harvest's bounty.

That's what I made today. Peace.

Thank you to Nici for the beautiful harvest slideshow presentation. She always puts together the sweetest presentations after our gatherings. :)

7 comments:

Brizel Handcrafts said...

Nothing quite like a circle of friends meeting for ceremony and reverie.

Autumn is like weaving the web that binds us closer to the earth and yet there is still that watery journey that needs to unfold...

May the last days of summer be fruitful for you

Joanne Olivieri said...

Celebrations with friends is what it's all about. That web shot - Wow!

Healing Woman said...

What a beautiful way to usher in the Autumn. I love coming to your blog because I do find peace there in your garden and words.

Tammie Lee said...

Autumn is upon us and you spin a calming tale with your words, sharing what you have been doing and how you are feeling. The sun is out today, the first time in what feels like weeks. Wishing you a lovely Mabon~

DoodleDesign said...

Hi Rose, I've just stumbled upon your blog and found it very inspiring. I love the fact you're and an artist, a healer and you love Nature so much it shows :)

I've mentioned your blog in my latest posting. I hope others will find some inspiration from you too.

Best of Luck in everything that you do. Thanks for sharing..

Peace :)

ET
www.doodledsgn.blogspot.com

Divaeva said...

ah yes....I know exactly what you mean when you say the summer has been pulled out from under you feet... It was a pleasure to be in your company for harvest... until we meet again sweet Rose...

Audrey said...

Beautifully written!!!!

The summer passed far too quickly for me too but I look forward to a little change from the heat.

AudreyGardenLady