Google+ What I Made Today: A Sketchbook Start

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Sketchbook Start


Last week I received my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project which I learned about earlier this month from Kristina of Painting with Trees. I hemmed the first day, hawed the second, then committed on the third. It seems a project fitting to me in this season, one that will offer a modest dose of discipline to my artistic activities. Activities which wane in spring and summer, and wax in autumn and winter. It's a "good" fit.

So today, between a score of other tasks, I made time to prep one half of the pages for my creative intentions. Tomorrow the other half will be prepped. Then begins three months of creating … something on those pages. Something that expresses my theme, "Down Your Street."

And the voices are already whispering.

So, yeah … that's what I made today. Peace.

7 comments:

Brizel Handcrafts said...

As the veil lifts... may the whispers become clear inspirations :)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I just read about this project on another site. It sounds SO interesting! Will you share here, or is that not allowed?

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I'm doing the project too- I signed up earlier so I worked on it over summer. Mine it's titled "it's raining dogs and cats"- I made a poem about food to ilustrate and collage.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I know several artists that are doing this project and loving it!

Reeni said...

It sounds so mysterious! I'm glad you decided to participate!

Anonymous said...

So cool that you are doing this! Looking forward to seeing how your sketchbook evolves.

I heard about the project a while back and hemmed & hawed until I talked myself out of doing it.

C.W. Wolf said...

Hope to see you down my street soon my friend. Enjoy each delicious morsel of this project. Down your street is right up your ally.
Hugs