Google+ What I Made Today: Furiously Fast Faces and a Return to the Doodle

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Furiously Fast Faces and a Return to the Doodle


Yesterday was a full day, the kind that left me with little time, energy or inclination to blog. My morning-into-afternoon was enjoyed at the Connecticut Pagan Pride event where I mustered mere seconds to scribble four furiously-fast faces. The rest of the day involved various harvesting and preserving, ale on the deck, a grilled dinner, and restful evening.


Today I returned to the doodle. It's like an artful coming home, something I've done for as long as I can remember. Plus it was simple and fast, freeing up time to cook, puree and can tomatoes, harvest more garden love and plant more autumn greens.

That's what I made today. Peace.

5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

fast doodle faces are fun to see
and do
even if only a few moments to create

and your artful doodles i have enjoyed for years and even live with a couple ;-)

Faye said...

You do those quick sketches with ease! I would like to loosen up some. Maybe these four sketches will be the incentive I need to try some quick drawings.

Lisabella Russo said...

I love the energy of your doodles and face 13 is just delightful!

Sofia said...

I like your drawings, I feel the freedom in the gestures of these lines. very original and nice.

Sandra said...

I enjoyed looking at your faces and especially like your doodle. Thanks for commenting on one of my faces too.

Sandra