Google+ What I Made Today: A Day of Doing and Face Six

Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Day of Doing and Face Six


Today has been filled with doing. This morning I blocked in this face, I went out to pick up our fresh five pound stash of organic, fair trade coffee at Coffee-Tea-Etc, hit the bank, filled up with gas, picked up some flints and lighter fluid, got home, did a little art, prepped beans and got them canned, did a little more art, prepped tomatoes to cook down for puree, did a little more art, laundry, more art. Somewhere in there I ate, tended to the dog and chickens and whatever else.

Tonight I'll be able to unwind with the finest Fools I know when we get together for our monthly discussion group to tackle the topic of reflections. That will be swell.

That's what I made today. Peace.

14 comments:

PeregrineBlue said...

thank you for commenting on my blog and faces. this is such a fantastic challenge and i am having so much fun at it. i have also had a chance to make new blog friends such as yourself.

Lisabella Russo said...

I love this! The colors are just wonderful and I love how you've used red in the lips and her jewelry accents on her forehead.

Maiden Jane said...

Wow, this is incredible Rose. I would call that a most perfect day!

GlorV1 said...

Great job on your girl. I admire you for the all the things you did. That really sounds like a lot of what I do. Always having to do with the homestead. I salute you. Nice job on your girl.
gloria

Carol said...

Love her!!!! Also love all of the things you manage to get done in a day :)

Anonymous said...

She's great Rose. I love the spirals. I need to do a few mixed media faces myself, but I need to do them in record time; which I haven't figured out how to do, yet ;D

Tammie Lee said...

the swirl
big eyes
forehead drapery
all so appealing
sounds like a perfectly GOOD day

Julia said...

Your work is so inspiring!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Hugs,
Julia

Unknown said...

Love it, love the spirals, love the fools we gather with

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful art work.

Dawn Hill said...

Excellent post-you make me dizzy with all you do! :)
Last night was wonderful and again, I am full of gratitude for being a part of the foolish folk you know. This face...hmmm..you know I adore you and your work but ever the honest and blunt one I have to say-booger! Ok, I will leave it at that! lol

Faye said...

Wonderful, Rose. You seem to have a lot more energy than I do. You are a steamroller! Bully for you to be able to squeeze art in there in those precious few moments. Do visit Lynn Cohen's blog and see how she sketches people in restaurants and other places. I can't think of the name of her blog, but if you google her name and Tacos Jalisco, I feel sure it will point to her blog.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, Faye ~ I didn't recognize the name, but when I saw the art I recognized it right away. Wonderful work and such a fun idea!

Kristen H said...

This is fun to look at. I love that curly edge of the nose. Only the nose knows where she goes!