Google+ What I Made Today: Love, Grexing and Trust

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Love, Grexing and Trust


Today I made my way north, over the border to Northampton, Massachusetts with my dear friend, Kate. I hadn't had a day like this in I-can't-remember-how-long. I was a day of Good Medicine, complete with loving conversation, lots of laughter and the occasional musical interlude. I wandered around a cool college town, sucking in the youthful verve with someone that I love.

I had a feeling that this might happen today, so this morning I called on my Muse to help me with today's face for 29 Faces. She chose the palette, and I responded with a "what-the-hell?" She said, "quit your grexing." So I did, and the trust produced this interesting genderless face.

That, my friends, is what I made today.

Peace.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your muse really knows what she is doing! I just love those colors! Fantastic!

Ardith Goodwin said...

Your use of angular lines and color blocking is a style I adore! You could turn these into stamps!

Tammie Lee said...

i love how you used your muses colors

the face has such depth and with the the tribal edges that hide some of the face makes it more mysterious.

i am so glad you had such an awesome day!

Karla B said...

Wonderful colors!

irene said...

i find he very moving. i think the colors, her eyes, the zig zag lines all combine to make an appealing face.

Sunshineshelle said...

You & your muse are a dynamic duo!!! Fabulous & you made 'Peace' too... awesome :)

Anne said...

Your muse is great. Trust her always. Was lovely to hear you also enjoyed your day out.

SLScheibe said...

Beautiful! I love the colors here and I especially love the textures. You have such a great art style. I really like it :)

Uuna said...

Very interesting start today! I think, too, that we artist must trust that colors and chape'll come, when we take the bruch to our hand.

Wonderful colors and interesting painting.

Rita said...

I agree with your muse, the colors are great. Nice work! Thanks for link up. :)

Faye said...

You have such an interesting muse to present you with this blue-nosed beauty. (Did you know there is a fish named the blue nosed dace?) Such an exciting painting.

Dawn Hill said...

Funny you say genderless. I clearly see female energy yet I often think of something my husband often says about being very in tune with his female side...
And why have The Fools not met this Kate? :)

Dawn Hill said...

Funny you say genderless. I clearly see female energy yet I often think of something my husband often says about being very in tune with his female side...
And why have The Fools not met this Kate? :)

Unknown said...

So much movement - so much expression

Sharkbytes said...

I like this one a lot. Grexing? Ha!

Unknown said...

I love this! Such a contemplative face, your muse chose wonderful colors and you used them perfectly!