Google+ What I Made Today: Comfort in Colors

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Comfort in Colors

Today started with making the driveway free of snow. Thankfully The Boy took care of the bulk of that because not only did I oversleep (what that means), but I over-lounged a bit too. I headed west to meet my friend Annie at Passiflora's to share a breakfast treat and very good company. Who knew that such a relaxing time could pass so quickly, yet last so long. My ride home was peppered with an errand or two and when I got home I invested a couple of hours in some herbal and nutritional review.
When that was done I pulled out my journal and began to fill in this past weekend's doodles with some color.
I found myself gathering more than a few meaningful items on my table and I doodled some more.

Then ... I added more color.

The evening wound down as I prepared dinner to the talented tunes and voice of Chris Huff. We continued to listen as we enjoyed our leftover rib eye steak (from The Farm), served with bright orange winter squash (one of the last four from the garden), mashed potatoes with gravy, a little cranberry relish and green salad. More color. Oh, and a little Vermont Ale.

That's what I made today. Peace.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! and you sound like you had a good day, that is awesome

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

I love your doodles, they are magical!

Dori T said...

Your doodles are great! I am glad you had a good day.

knittingdragonflies said...

I can't draw at all! I love this! Great texture and colors!
Vicki

Unknown said...

you are so talented, rose!!! it was so wonderful to see you, too... can't wait to see you this month at pagan study group ... xox....annie

John | Daily Photo Gallery said...

I love the first picture with the landscape and window, it immediately grabbed my attention.

brandi said...

~l♥ve all the treasures you collected for inspiration...a magical abundance to spark your imagination and creativity...your pages turned out quite nice...brightest blessings~

Almay Alday said...

Love the colors! Wish I could draw like you! Awesome!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks you all! I just like to have fun ... making art (without judgement or expectation) is such good Medicine.

And for the record - we are all talented, every one of us ... and heck, we can all draw too. Just like we can ll sing, dance, make music, etc ... our style may not match the style of our contemporaries, yet that does not diminish our expression, our Medicine, our "talent."

Peace.

circleinthesand said...

Wow, sounds like you had an incredibly wonderful, fun, peaceful day!!