Google+ What I Made Today: Reluctant Better Balls

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reluctant Better Balls

Snow fell from the heavens most of the day today, damp and heavy. I sipped the last of my morning coffee in my dispensary while labeling yesterday's jars and then started going through old client files, back to front, in preparation for purging those that have been inactive for two years. One of the first files to go belonged to an old friend. A lost friend.
Later I moved to the kitchen to make the little cocoa-oatmeal confections of which my mom is so fond. These will be included in the birthday package that will come together and most likely hit the mail tomorrow. They came out better than I ever remember. I snapped a shot for this silly blog and was pretty sure that I had already posted the recipe here for these little yummies.

How odd to discover the friend connection in that original recipe post, I thought, as I recalled that I added my homemade vanilla extract to the recipe this time.

And I am simply reminded that things change, even when we don't why ... and most often for the better. Go figure.

That's what I made today. Peace.

5 comments:

Reeni said...

I remember when you posted these - I thought they looked so very delicious. This is a reminder that I need to make them. XO

Jasmine said...

I remember the solace balls. It is a shame when friendships end. Heres hoping new friendships will be forged for you xJ

Julia said...

I know this feeling... it does not sit well all the time.

But on the other hand coconut and oatmeal are two of the most tasty flavors and you've given me my baking task for today. :)

Can I repost the recipe at TAG?

Julia said...

COCOA!!! Maybe I will experiment with coconut too. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Julia ~ I have made these with unsweetened organic coconut and it's wonderful. I've replaced half the butter with a good organic coconut oil too. I've added fresh ground flax seed, roasted nuts and other variations ... it's a forgiving and flexible recipe!

And absolutely - share away!