Google+ What I Made Today: Time to Kick Back

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time to Kick Back

I enjoyed a fine class today. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed it. I was here, I was there, and I seemed to land where I was meant to be--in any given moment. Imagine that.

After class I cleaned up and thought I would tend to a few garden tasks, but then I remembered the hankering I've been having for red beans-n-rice. I fermented the beans two/three days ago and cooked them yesterday, so they were ready. I had sweet pepper and hot, celery and onion and fresh thyme and oregano from the garden, among other green delicacies, but none of the "traditional" meats.

What I did have was hot Italian sausage, and with the kitchen spirits dressed in black shaking their understanding heads at me, I forged ahead. Then . . . I made time to put my feet up . . . 


The boy drummed . . . 



And then, came time for dinner. Hot and spicy under a blanket, the sky of day fading to dusk and twilight, as the music of birds in air and tree serenaded  our shared evening together. 



That's what I made today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a veritable rainbow!!!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

:D

I'm wondering if I need to seek out some springtime oranges . . . I'm waiting patiently for the garden carrots, but it will be a while.

I do have some winter squash in the freezer though.