Google+ What I Made Today: Food & Fun & Love

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Food & Fun & Love

Just to catch up on a touch of yesterday . . . that giant, bear-faced Hubbard squash from last season has finally been baked. Now . . . to cook something with it.

Today, a number of new spirit cords were spun, for casual vending at Forest Folk. I still have a Saint Jude to spin to offer to the auction. After all, festival proceeds all go St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Goddess of Good Health, up close and personal. She's lovely, isn't she? I have a couple more of her to spin.
A lovely variegated green agate.

Such a strong, intense, loyal and loving gaze.

Brass. Nice.


And somehow between the spinning, and cooking of the beans, some three dozen tomato plants got transplanted into DIY containers which will allow their little roots room to grow and be happy!


Now - back to spinning with me!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brillant Idea..with the newspaper. I just took home muffin container from work to start Lavender and Mint in. Eva wants Toms. I think I shall steal your idea.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I've been doing this for so long I don't even remember where I got the idea from. I used a scrap of PVC pipe in the size I wanted to create the form.

You might want to start the seedlings in the muffin container and transplant them, if need be, to the newspaper pots. ::shrugs:: Aeh, the faeries will guide you!

:D

C.W. Wolf said...

Green and Gold, What a wonderful combination. I do so hope my sewing is finished in time for Forest Folk. I should get started tonight.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Hey, I just reach for the colors they tell me to. :)
See you sooooon!