Google+ What I Made Today: Brew Preparations

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Brew Preparations





We have some friends coming by tomorrow morning for an informal ale-brew lecture, demonstration and early-in-the-day-tasting. It's so nice to have the kitchen back and to be brewing again! Tonight we start a 5-gallon batch of a Porter, a gallon of Cardamom Ale and perhaps a gallon of Sarsaparilla Ale. Tomorrow I'll start at least one more gallon of herbal ale of some kind or another. I have a batch of blueberry wine I may bottle as well. Life is sweet.

Slainte!

11 comments:

Lucas said...

Blueberry wine sounds good!
:D

Cassandra Kiss said...

sounds like fun!

nefaeria said...

Oh yummy! I wish I had the space!

Divaeva said...

Sounds fantastic - what a great day for visitors! Enjoy!

Kim said...

Sounds like such fun. Son asked if I knew how to make root beer and if I had a recipe. I don't, do you?

tarabu said...

ummmm . . . .yum!

Tammie Lee said...

ummm, can I come! Oh yea, I live really far away.

*aja said...

That is so cool - herbal beer? Wow, I am impressed. My guy brewed beer once and it was quite the experience. Blueberry wine sounds divine!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Brewing is such fun-fun-fun!

Crystal said...

Mmmm...cardamom ale sounds warming and lovely!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Cardamom ale *is* lovely. Very much so!