Google+ What I Made Today: Sprouts & Wine & Ales

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sprouts & Wine & Ales

I invite you make the acquaintance of two of my first tomato seedlings. I have several sets now sprouting and they warmed my heart today as the snow fell between fits of sunshine!

They warmed my heart as I bottled two gallons of blueberry wine. Sure is pretty in that one clear bottle, eh?

Those little sprouts warmed my heart as I racked my one-week ales, a batch of sarsaparilla, one of cardamon and a crazy collaborative ale - one that was a result of "teaching" how ale can be made with any botanical. I asked each attending to jot down any one botanical that they would like to experience in an ale. I gathered all that I had on hand and mixed together maple syrup, roasted coffee beans, dried apple and wormwood. It smells amazing and while it's a tad too bitter (at this point), the flavors are remarkably complex and rather delightful! It will continue to mellow out, but I'm thinking I'll try this blend again, only with (much) less wormwood!

Next week ... they should all be ready for bottling!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

your new radio show?! have you been holding out on us??!! how wonderful... i can't wait!

Divaeva said...

*cries* I so wish I didn;t have to be at work! hmmm.....
*cough cough* ;)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Holding out? No ... this seed, while an old one for me, was planted and sprouted within the past week! :)

And Eva - careful what you say out loud ... in writing! :)

Kim said...

I too have to be at work during your debut. Wishing you all the best on your first show.
The ales sound wonderful and anything sprouting this time of year warms my heart.

tarabu said...

Aaaaargh! I'll be in the car! How long can you stretch it out for? Will you be able to save podcasts of the program and link them on the blog?

please?

Laura Rose said...

Congrats on your show!! How cool is that?!

My Inspired Reality said...

New radio show? Congratulations:)

Kristen said...

I'm still salivating over blueberry wine.

Kristen said...

I came from EntreCard (thanks for dropping on me) and found myself here. After wanting that wine I headed over to your sidebar. There I found 'The Beckoning of Lovely'. Thank you. It brought tears to my eyes. I am compelled to post about it...and you.

Can I just tell you my word ver is "raise". A toast to you :)

Tammie Lee said...

If I am home I will be listening!