Google+ What I Made Today: Green Preparations

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Green Preparations

I made my ritual quart-plus of nettles infusion today. I enjoyed the last sip only moments ago. I just love this stuff! And it loves me.
I made my way into the gardens today, machete in hand, for a little springtime prep. The Boy joined me and delivered leaves from the woods to begin renewing the season's mulch. The garlic is coming up, and kale and onion are harvestable in small amounts. Last season some second-year onions flowered and went to seed, and those little seedlings are sprouting now. I'll have to get back out there and transplant them soon.

All around me the earth is squirming awake and my green friends are waking from their winter dreams. Me too.  Ahhhhhhhh.

9 comments:

agoodwitchtoo said...

I can't wait to get my hands in some dirt! I'm not very successful in the green thumb category but I try :)

Unknown said...

it was brisk out today... but the sun was SO warm!!

Luthien Thye said...

wow! isn't it a wonderful feeling to see the awakening of life again :)) and to be able to grow all your own vege... amazing...

Rick said...

It sure was good to be in the garden again.

Laura Rose said...

I can't believe how much green you have already in your yard. there must be magick afoot...or a thumb...:)

*aja said...

What are the benefits of the nettles infusion? I am intrigued!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

*aja - then benefits of nettle infusion: Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition! It is a mineral rich powerhouse! I drink at least 2 quarts a week in every season. :)

blackmustard said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. You have such a beautiful way with words. And as I read, the clouds have parted and the sun is streaming brilliantly through the window!

I've spent only a few minutes reading your blog, and it's already reminded me to slow down, be more present and enjoy this amazing time of year more fully.

Thank you.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you blackmustard. :) And I'm always delighted to hear that I've facilitated something beneficial. :)