Google+ What I Made Today: A Best Effort

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Best Effort

I made this the other day …
… before the sickness crept in and took hold.

An apple pie with a half-whole-wheat butter crust. While it could have baked for another ten minutes or so to fully cook the apples, it still came out pretty good. I was glad I made this "practice" pie, because it gave me something to give to my goddesschild before she returned to the west coast. I'm so glad I got to see her, brief though it was, and offer her a still-warm from-scratch apple pie. She is a beautiful, remarkable, intelligent, compassionate, witty and talented being. I'm grateful to have her in my life.

So, that's what I didn't make today.

As for today … I'm simply making a best effort to get myself well again. Peace.

14 comments:

Jo-Ann Dziubek-MacDonald said...

Mmmmm...what a delicious looking pie. Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Judy said...

Beautiful pie...looks wonderful...

Debbi Andersen said...

it looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

That pie DOES look delicious. Hope you feel better soon!

Reeni said...

Your pie is gorgeous! Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Rue said...

Feel better!

Lovely pie...

Glad you had a nice visit too!

Unknown said...

Oooohhh YUM!!

Sharkbytes said...

Looks delish! I'll have to try adding some whole wheat to my crusts.

Mama Kelly aka Jia said...

That is a delicious looking pie. Hope that you're feeling better

Alexis Kennedy said...

I started drooling as soon as the pic popped up.. I bet it tastes even better. Thanks for sharing. Feel better!

Brizel Handcrafts said...

I also began drooling... looks DIVINE !
Get better soon !!!

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This pie looks delicious! I'm sure it was fantastic!

Thanks for stopping by my blog ... it's nice to have you! Nice to meet you too!

Mandy

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone! I'll be making another apple pie tomorrow and that one will likely be even better!