Google+ What I Made Today: The Last of the Tender Greens

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Last of the Tender Greens


I still have kale and other greens in the garden, and even some hardy herbs worthy of plucking, but today I harvested the last cabbage from a frozen patch of earth dusted sweetly with snow - the first of the season. Tonight I made a simple and delicious stir fry with asian noodles for dinner and even The Boy paused to clarify, "this is from the garden?"

It was a day of lasts and firsts, passings and returns. And a new moon too.

That's what I made today. Peace.

3 comments:

AsteropeBC said...

What a lovely description of your winter garden!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you AsteropeBC. I love my garden. :)

halfstitched said...

I actually still have tomatoes growing. They wouldn't fruit all summer but as soon as it cooled off a bit there they go.