Google+ What I Made Today: A Midwinter Offering

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Midwinter Offering


On this first full day of midwinter the dried peony and calendula petals that I had reserved from high summer were returned to the earth. All but a handful. As I scattered them around my mostly-snow-covered little acre I asked them if they recognized this landscape. They did. It's all one, they assured me. Equal opposites. Opposing harmonies. Contrary balance.

Winter food for polar thought.

That's what I made today. Peace.

7 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

such lovely petals and a sweet wintry ritual. sending warmth as winter days lengthen.

brandi said...

~what a gorgeous photo...such simplicity yet beautiful ritual and gift to give back...warm holiday wishes and brightest blessings~

Vincent James Pia said...

Simply beautiful! :-)

ayawedding said...

natural beauty

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Sending you holiday cheers from across the miles and wishing you and your family a fun holiday filled with love and laughter.

Unknown said...

Beautiful blessings, I honored you at the crater and tutu was very pleased. PK

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Thank you PK!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡