Google+ What I Made Today: Bottled Verjus

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bottled Verjus


Remember the verjus I started back in September? Well, it felt like the time was ripe to strain, filter and bottle it. Besides, I needed the gallon jar in which it was macerating.

The color is gorgeous, the bouquet is magical, and at the first wee sip I began - without hesitation - to recognize the medicinal and mystical extremes within this very tart, remarkably astringent, fragrantly potent and oddly delightful elixir. Now that it's bottled my hope is that the flavors will mellow over time like with my other more conventional cordials and liqueurs.

We shall see. We shall see.

That's what I made today. Peace.

8 comments:

cheeky rose said...

The verjus looks great, I wonder do you make thing for bad coughs and chest infection. I have had both for 2 weeks and no letting up

Wizardess said...

Wow! What a change from Sept! It's a gorgeous color. I have just started a bottle of vanilla extract. Cheers for home brewing.

Maria said...

Looks very pretty, but what is verjus???

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

It looks very complicated, but pretty.

Ha! my verification word is aproovel

Maggi said...

Wow, it looks beautiful!

Colin said...

Well it looks nice in the photo, but sadly we can't try out drinks over the internet yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year From Southern California.

Don't forget to watch the 122nd Rose Parade on New Year's Day coming from Pasadena, California...only 30 miles from The Old Geezer's home :-) If you miss the live telecast, I'm sure there will be lots of reruns through out the day.

No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

May God Bless and Protect You in the Year to Come. ~Ron

TizJu said...

Sounds yummy as usual! Have you made Kaluha as well before? I have a friend that makes it and it's absolutely wonderful!