Google+ What I Made Today: Preparations

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Preparations

Today I continued preparing a discarded children's book. I'm roughing and gessoing the pages to make them ready for whatever layering might strike me in this journey . . . 
. . . and applying primer color to each page . . . 
. . . to create an art journal - of sorts - that will convey some semblance of a personal chakra journey. 
I still have the purple-to-pearly "white" pages to prep, but I'm making progress. I'll be posting more on this art project as it progresses, so check in from time to time. 

I prepared for my food fermentation lecture and demonstration that I'm doing tomorrow at Taste!Organic Connecticut. Part of that preparation included making harvests from my gardens. Aren't these carrots just lovely? Oh, and tasty
I also needed radishes and green onions and grape leaves. The rest I procured at a local Farmer's Market today, where there was only one organic vender who received all of my business.
So today . . . I made preparations. That's what I made today.

12 comments:

Conscientia's Cameos said...

The journal is gorgeous :)

Ravenswick said...

That journal looks very cool and original. Keep us posted, I would love to see how it turns out.

Crystal said...

The book project looks fascinating... can't wait to see what you do with it!

Your carrots make me miss my garden, and appreciate our farmer's markets that much more.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see the book in it's finished form too! And those carrots look yummy...I love carrots!

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

The journal is a great idea. I like the theme.

The veggies look absolutely delish!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Easy to follow, kept my attention.

And I like to walk in the woods too, so instant rapport!

Nice. (I am JadedWolfStudios, I found your blog via Etsy.)

Unknown said...

how about a tshirt that says Proud To Be a WASP*?

(*woman against sarah palin) :)

Stela said...

great journal!

Gifts, Etc. said...

lol My son has that book!

Unknown said...

i cant wait to see the finished book and what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

Love the journal you're working on - can't wait to see the outcome!

ThreadBeaur said...

I like that book! What a fun idea for recycling books.