Google+ What I Made Today: August heART and Mix It Monthly - Crazy Dresses

Friday, August 15, 2014

August heART and Mix It Monthly - Crazy Dresses


Today's August heART is a grotesque doodle for Mix It Monthly, where the theme is "Crazy Dresses." And let me just add that when I use the word "grotesque," I do so descriptively (without judgement) and with love (where judgement dare not tread).

I worked with a palette that I had on hand at home, doing my best to stay, if not true, then close to the Mix It Monthly palette prompt.

And this silly journal entry reminded me not only of art I used to make a million years ago (in high school, when I "should" have been taking notes ~ or so I was told), but also of words often repeated, that we do our best with what we've got while we've got it. It's a reminder of free will, improvisation, innovation, conservation, gratitude. And then some.

With that, I invite you to visit the August heART links here to see what our fine "partycipants" have been offering up, and to visit the great artful inspirations shared at this month's Mix It Monthly! And remember, us art bloggers LoVe your comments!

And, of course, if you have some art you'd like to share with us, just add your link and join the blog party!

9 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

That is really funny!

froebelsternchen said...

This dress is just FABULOUS! Yep!

Carol said...

Love her!!! I think I had that dress in high school and I know I had the attitude :) Have a great weekend♥

Birgit said...

LoveLoveLove the girl in her outstanding dress. She is a really wild thing.

sheila 77 said...

The whole painting, including the amazing crazy dress is fabulous, I love all of it.

Nancy Briges said...

Wonderful art! I'll bet you had such fun with all those doodles.

PiaRom said...

Haha, so love her crazy dress and her priceless expression, haha...love the danglings in her hair and all the frays on her outfit!!!! Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

Sadie´sGedankenfülle said...

Hello, I found your blog on froebelsternchen Susi and think he's great, wonderful creationes , your drawings, or pictures, everything like it very much.
LG from Austria
Sadie

kat said...

This is so creative and wacky! A favourite!