Google+ What I Made Today: August heART - After the Gather

Thursday, August 28, 2014

August heART - After the Gather


These past few days have been filled to overflow and subsequently have flown by in such a way that I missed a few days of creating art for my own August heART. That's life. And I'm cool with it.

The next few days, likewise, will be overflowing with lists, doings, events, happenings of many varieties. And I'm cool with that, too. And I've committed myself to not missing a single day of these last few days of this blog party.

With that, today's August heART was a quick sketch that I scribbled in one of my journals after a gather (you might say meeting) that I hosted last night. This morning I plugged in some color and added an expression in word-form that came to me after the gather dispersed.

It was, more than anything, a reminder of the vital value in witnessing ... of listening and hearing, rather than be heard, and the choices we make from such experiences.

Now I must get on with these lists and activities, but not before inviting you to join us on these final days of our August blog party and to share some art of yours ... and to visit the heARTful inspirations found in the participating links below ... and to leave some love.

Peace.

7 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Wow- a much larger scope than most of your pictures. Interesting.

kat said...

A great sketch, very well done!

PiaRom said...

Love the idea of writing the quote as a pattern..so very cool! ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Carol said...

Sometimes life just gets in the way or is it that we get in the way of life sometimes ?

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks all!

And Carol, I think of this way: Sometimes life is so abundant, that we just aren't able to fit it all into this linear time we share. :)

Sadie´sGedankenfülle said...

I like your pictures, as always, beautifully designed
sunny weekend and love greetings
Sadie

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love your sketches