Google+ What I Made Today: August heART - Reconnection

Sunday, August 3, 2014

August heART - Reconnection


The simplicity of the relaxed line drawing from life is really resonating for me, and I have a feeling it's going to continue ... and evolve. Oh, the anticipation of the bloom within the bud!

So today's August heART stays true to the line drawing, of capturing something that's simply around me ~ a section of shelf in my studio ~ yet evolves with the addition of simple color, using those watercolor crayons I mentioned yesterday. And while the drawing is from life, the color is not "true" to that life. The color I added was pure whimsey.

I enjoyed this process, this journey of creativity. It reconnected me to both a style and technique that I've loved since way-back-in-the-day. Dig it.

With that, I'm off to tend to art and gardens and to visit the sites of those who have shared their heARTful inspirations with us so far. I hope you will too ~ and leave them some love!



2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

I used to have watercolor crayons. I liked them a lot. Wonder where they are? I like how you can make something so mundane look like art.

Anonymous said...

I recognized the 'real' place/things and saw the whimsy as well. A fulfilling lifetime could be spent exploring the line drawing/watercolor sketch, eh?

You wrote, "The simplicity of the relaxed line drawing from life is really resonating for me, and I have a feeling it's going to continue [...]" Don't know if I've ever shared, but I have a decades-long appreciation for the form. Reading this, thinking about coming to this afternoon's playtime, thinking to myself, "Maybe you should try that?" and being surprised by my fear of drawing. What a thing! Something to [work on/struggle with/submit to] it would seem.

First Harvest is shaping up to be full of challenges, as one would (and I should) expect given my alliance with Tricksters and Those who walk harsh roads, and my recent pledges and commitments.