Google+ What I Made Today: August heART - Patch of Garden

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August heART - Patch of Garden


Keeping things simple isn't so simple. Am I right? Well, maybe it is simple, but it's not without challenges. If that makes any sense.

As I work to keep things simple in my life ~ so that I may become a more astute observer as well as simplify my life more deeply ~ I'm allowing my daily doings to twine organically and move to their own rhythm without any interference. I am witnessing. As evolutions go, this is a stage (and archetype) that I adore, probably because it tends to be so challenging for me. I do so love a challenge. Hmm. I. Am. Witnessing.

Morning glory is teaching me to target on observations, sharply, at a set time each day ... then to move on with grooving and twining in my daily activities. As serendipity would have it, mornings suit me perfectly for this focused reflection. Imagine that?

In keeping things simple I opted, yet again, for a simple line drawing. This time I sat on a patch of mowed "lawn" and expressed, pen on drawing paper, a patch of front yard garden. This contribution to August heART begged for color and inspired me to visit my studio to snag a watercolor moleskin, watercolor crayons, a couple of brushes and a spray bottle ... to keep by my side during this journey. Simple. Dig it.

How about you? Do you have some August heART to share? If so, be sure to add your link and join the party!


4 comments:

Maria said...

Simple is good. Joy is simple, so if I feel joy I know I'm onto something. :)

Tammie Lee said...

i am enjoying your line drawings.

simple is an art form that seems opposite of our busy world. i think we might have to teach ourselves it, like you are doing.

living in a tiny cabin, i am constantly asking myself what i can get rid of to make it more simple, spacious, less time to care for it, more time to be.

Sharkbytes said...

Although a line drawing is simple, you have captured a busy little plant

Pamela Hollis said...

Your drawing is the perfect illustration for your topic today. You are living in the color of the scene, but the line drawing allows the viewer/reader to fill it in for ourselves. Lovely.