Google+ What I Made Today: August heART - A Dream Meditation

Sunday, August 17, 2014

August heART - A Dream Meditation


Today's August heART was the result of some dream meditation, a purely intuitive expression that was born of color play with watercolors, and acting on the imagery that emerged from that play.

My meditation was simple. Try it.

I close my eyes and envision the colors of my dream/s and then I throw the colors down. I used watercolor crayon, a spray bottle and brush for this expression. As the colors began their melding play I saw a phoenix emerging from a star-sun. But when the paint all dried I saw something else. It reminded me of a horse and a dog. I took a pen and swiftly lined in the image I perceived and this is what emerged. I finished it with simple semi-crosshatching to add a little definition to distinguish background from foreground.

I love creating like this. It's so freeing and nourishing and a few more exercises like this will surely yield some clarity that will benefit me and my dream/s.

What did you create today? Any art? If so, join the August heART blog party and share your link with us! And be sure to visit and comment on (at least) a few of our party participants!

Peace.

6 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Nifty. I need some watercolor crayons. I have no idea what happened to the ones I had.

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful process Rose
i will have to give it a try
your cross hatching really makes it stand out
such a fun piece
thanks for being our lovely host!

GlorV1 said...

Well done Rose. A great idea. I may try it.:) Have a wonderful day. I agree about the cross hatching.

kat said...

This is stylish, I love the warm colours and simplicity of this!

Maria said...

Yes, I like to create from my soul too. Look at all the blog links!! Awesome indeed.

Maria said...

I blog hopped. So much fun, and I think Frieda is in vogue! :)