Google+ What I Made Today: A Brief Case

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Brief Case

A heavy corduroy skirt from the Salvation Army . . . remnants from drapery my mom made some 50 years ago . . . remnants from (that same) heavy cotton mattress-pad (also discarded from mom) . . . chop-chop . . . snip-snip . . . stitch-stitch . . .

For something like a buck-fifty I have a new padded briefcase, of sorts, perfect for my laptop and some files or whatever. I even graced it with an inner pocket. It is rough-sewn, nothing fancy, but very functional and rather good looking, if you ask me.

The drapery made the lining and the trim. The corduroy, complete with already-sewn-in detailing, made the exterior. And, of course, the mattress-pad is sandwiched between.


You can see that my MacBook fits nicely with some room to spare.


So, there it is. I conceived it a few days back. I started it yesterday. I finished it this morning.



I hope that as you celebrate renewal or resurrection in this season of spring that you will consider the regenerative forces in your everyday, ordinary life.

I hope that, in this season, however you may honor it, that you will seek and find something to recycle, recreate, repurpose with meaning and value to your life and the lives around you - today, yesterday and tomorrow.

Ashe.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so clever! i love them both!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks Annie!

Kim said...

Amazing is all I can say!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks Kim. You're too sweet.

*aja said...

Wow - that is so cool. Wish I had that kind of sewing talent, alas, it evades me :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

thank you aja. yet - it's really rough pieced and sewn, so talent is a bit strong of a word! : )