Google+ What I Made Today: Old Curtain to New Rug

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Old Curtain to New Rug

Hocus Pocus



I’ve had this old cotton shower curtain for years. In the closet, that is. It has some bleach spots, a few paint spatters, but is a quality fabric in very happy colors. In recent years I’ve used it for picnicking and such, washed it, folded it, and placed it back in the closet, high on a shelf, with an inkling that it was to become something else. I just had to wait to see the creation it held within.


The colors are faded, yet still vibrant, bright and cheerful. THe day before yesterday I saw what it--or MOST of it--is to become. What you see if the beginning of a throw rug. 


5 comments:

Kim said...

Indeed cheerful colors to invite in the coming season!

Very Mary said...

Hooray, hooray! You won the beads on my blog giveaway! Please zip your snail mail addy to me: maryann@averymarydesign.com

CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

that is a very happy rug indeed!! you are so clever! :)

*aja said...

beautiful beginnings of a lovely rug!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all! The rug is, as expected, tiny . . . so will likely accomodate table-top service as I seek more fitting fabric to continue the floor model.

I see trips to Goodwill and Salvation Army in my future!