Google+ What I Made Today: Sacred Space

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sacred Space



Today I made sacred space.


Well, all space is sacred. I suppose it's more about raising the energy of our own awareness to that reality. And in raising that energy of awareness, we create a holy place, an altar upon which to build, a cauldron to stew our dreams, a space in which to manifest our dreams, whatever they may be.


The practice of raising this energy of awareness may be done with nothing but a feeling or a thought. It’s truly that simple. Yet simple’s not always easy. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I appreciate something around me, something tangible, to help my awareness stay keen, sharp and focused, no matter what my intention might be.


So it is that several months ago I created such tools to help me in such efforts. Four cords, spun in prayerful meditation, each with its own relationship to the four earthy directions. East. South. West. North. Each with its own unique meaning, value and essence of support.


I can hang them around me, or wear them, or place them on a table and in an instant I am able to create an altar of focus, to create the cauldron, to become the vessel . . . to become the altar. To BE sacred and one with all that is, was, and will be.


Today I made sacred space. I made sacred space with the help of lovely tools that spirit guided me to create during the winter. I am grateful to have them now and grateful too, for this sacred space I now have in which to  stir my intentions and raise that energy of awareness.


Silly, huh?


:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

silly?

SILLY you say?

I think NOT

I think: to retro and date myself
grooooovy baabeee.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Hey, I'm hep to your jive.

:)