Google+ What I Made Today: And Yesterday and the Day Before

Saturday, August 9, 2008

And Yesterday and the Day Before

I made time for the garden ... 
... and time to rack three gallons of Blueberry Wine, and bottle a gallon of Melissa Ale (v.2) ...
... time to prepare garden-n-forest folk food to enjoy ...
... a batch of calendula tincture ...
... a fabulous garden salad ...
... pickled zephyr squash and (more) zucs, and beans and  jalapeƱos ... 
... a batch of bread -n- butter pickles ...
... time to play at Platt Hill with The Boy ...
... and to watch his little boy spirit take flight ...
... and soar.

That's what I made today, yesterday and the day before.

8 comments:

Wonderful World of Etsy said...

The garden salad looks so good

woolies said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

The last picture of the boy is very cool! Looks like a fun filled afternoon! :)

Sherryl said...

YUUMMM!This is great, I just finished dinner and I'm hungry all over again. I love squash, the Mister use to garden, but not this year. No fresh organic veggies for me this year from the yard. God, I miss my garden.

*aja said...

Do you cook the zucchini before pickling? Or does it go in raw? I have so much, I don't know what to do with it, maybe pickling is the answer!

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

All I can say is...WOW!!!

Rocki Adams said...

I'm drooling. You are amazing! I just love reading your blog and seeing what you've been up to. I would love to be in your kitchen, garden...

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

aja - the zucs are salted, sweated and drained and then heated to the boiling point before packing the jars. Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone! It's good to be home ... I'll be managing more canning and preserving this week. Stay tuned!