Google+ What I Made Today: Level Ground

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Level Ground

Anyone who has ever spent time in my backyard, time around my fireside, knows that I have the gardeners dream of a backyard . . . the southern facing slope. It is wonderful yet a day comes when one realizes that one too many friends have flipped ass-over-tea-kettle while sitting  around a night fire.
Today was that day. The boy and I spent the better part of the afternoon moving earth and ancestors, planting seed and watering in, all so that we might have a bit more level ground in our lives . . . for ourselves and our friends, our loved ones . . . and if that ain't metaphor, I don't know what is. That's what we made today.

Ashe!


6 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

so nice to know that your friends won't be fliping ass-over-tea-kettle while sitting around a night fire at your place!

I have linked you to my blog.... I do hope this is ok with you! I want more folks to find the treasure that you are!

Anonymous said...

*laughs* as one of the tipping ass-over-tea-kettle folks...sounds even more beautiful!

Unknown said...

wow! what a labor of love indeed! hey i have The Best Book - well, one of the Best Books, anyways - for you to read!! its called midnight never comes.... and its sort of blend of my silver trilogy...set in shakespeare's london...

The Skinny B said...

level gound is important especially when mead and fire are involved.

fluffnflowers said...

I love it and it looks excellent! I wish my backyard sloped AWAY from my home rather than towards it!

Rowan said...

Awww...that is sooo thoughtful. Although we will be missing out on a laugh or two now that Eva can't take a header at one of your gatherings.