Google+ What I Made Today: Time to Remember

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Time to Remember


I would gaze up into the leaves and sky as I listened to the nonsensical plot unfold . . . and the words would eventually slow . . . and soften . . . until they were replaced with the song of Daddy’s snoring. I would nudge him awake, “Daddy, you fell asleep. What happens next?” And the story would continue with no rhyme, no reason, but full of the silly sweet love that is shared between a Daddy and a Daddy’s Girl.

11 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

How sweet...I have memories somewhat like that.

Inklings and Imprints said...

Very sweet...

Kim said...

Sweet memories.

Unknown said...

that is the sweetest picture!! my daddy used to zone out too... then one day i suggested to my brother he try the cold washrag treatment. whats that, asked john, innocently. oh, thats where you get a cold washrag and put it on daddy's face and he wakes up, i said. here, you try it. i remember i handed him the washrag. needless to say, daddy woke up.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh annie, you make my beautiful wicked me miss having siblings (in this life).

;-)

Unknown said...

Some of the best hours of my childhood days were spent resting under big shade trees.

storybeader said...

looks like your avatar is a take off on those times under the tree. Very sweet memory.

Linda said...

What a lovely memory!

Paisley The Jackabee said...

Sweet story. Thanks for participating!

3 REXES JEWELRY said...

How perfect*

Shell Mitchell said...

such a sweet story:)