Google+ What I Made Today: This -n- That

Thursday, August 21, 2008

This -n- That

I leave tomorrow morning, bright and early to head north to the Women's Herbal Conference in New Hampshire. I'm meeting up with three other women of ranging ages for the ride from Connecticut. Once there I will meet up with a number of green friends and - no doubt - make some new ones. I love this conference and I'm really looking forward to it this year.

Yet, being away last week left me feeling short on time and capacity this week. The unplanned addition of my canine bundle of love served as another wonderful investment of effort this week. Today, with packing and chores, I somehow managed to freeze an assortment of zucchini and zephyr squash. 
I made summer squash with garden garlic, basil and the last of last year's garden tomatoes.
I made the first zucchini breads of the season.
I made cherry tomato salad, which was served on a bed of arugula with supper.
I finished the little pocket journal that will accompany me to the Women's Herbal Conference. It's collaged with a painting I clipped from a recent art magazine . . . 
. . . and an original little painting by The Boy.
It shall serve me well.
See you all on Monday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm - the zucchini bread looks delicious - along with all the other colorful goodies from your garden - as always! Enjoy the conference!

earth and sun folk said...

food looks great! your weekend sounds like it will be excellent as well.
~happy trails~
jenny

Rocki Adams said...

Absolutely yummy looking veggies! Zucchini bread is one of my favorites! My grandma used to make it all the time - she's the one who taught me how to make it.

Have an enjoyable weekend :)

kim* said...

m- loos delish and great art work once again :)

moxylyn said...

Mmm that zucchini bread looks yummy!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all. :)

I'm back home in my little hut, on my little acre on the hill.

More later . . .