Google+ What I Made Today: Myself at Home

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Myself at Home

I'm home again ... in my little hut on my little acre. I busy myself this morning with class preparations and for reiki later this afternoon. It feels good to wake in my own bed, in space that is familiar, comforting, healing and loving.

I spent this past week with my mother ...
... as she is now, not as she was then. This is a photo that my cousin Diane recently shared with my mother. Mom must have been in her early twenties here. 

I managed some time to doodle a bit while I was away ...
... and was simply delighted to return home to another Etsy sale. More later ...

10 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Yes, welcome home. Home is wonderful but it's nice to take a little break every now and then. You see with fresh eyes then.

kim* said...

Welcome back and youre mother is a beauty :)

Debra said...

Wow...that's some great looking doodling. So colorful!!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic picture of your mom - I have several of my mother that I cherish! The doodles are fabulous - my fav is the swirly black and white tree!

SuzeesJubileeZ said...

How wonderful. I love the story about you and your Dad and those old pictures.Thew new pictures are vibrant and fun :-D.

Cathy said...

Very nice blog. Love the colourful doodles.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you Cathy - and everyone - for your sweet comments!

Anonymous said...

Love this doodles...maybe see some into further art for your etsy?

) O ( Diana

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Love the doodles. I do them too, but these are much nicer.