Google+ What I Made Today: Dispensary, Garden & Kitchen Delights

Monday, August 30, 2010

Dispensary, Garden & Kitchen Delights


Today I strained and decanted my homemade vanilla extract that I started in April. I have a solid 24 ounces to see me through several months of various culinary preparations. I readied two packages of herbal medicinals for the Post and returned to the dispensary to blend a couple herbal-ish concoctions that will serve as gifts for a special birthday coming up in October.

I headed to the garden to pull up and trim back many sunflowers before harvesting beans and cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and basil, lettuce, braising greens and to work up a very fine sweat. I made some plain basil pesto for the freezer. While in the kitchen I paused to add the sugar to my black currant cordial so now it can sit quietly to mellow for several more months (or as long as I can stand it).

I even made time to journal.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture looks like a painting! How cool to make your own vanilla extract. I think I'd like to try that someday.

LazyTcrochet said...

Yum, homemade vanilla extract. I made pizza sauce today, among other things. I blogged what I made today. Needle felted leaves.

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

sounds like my idea of a perfect day.

redkathy said...

Beautiful shot! Love making homemade flavored vinegars but never tried making vanilla

Yannie said...

This is one of my favorite sites. As I scroll your old posts, I was filled with awe and made me want to stay in a place like yours...

Healing Woman said...

I love watching you work! LOL. It would be such fun to have you show us how you actually make the vanilla if you get time in your very busy schedule.

I love coming here and seeing all your creative food ideas. Thanks for the post.

Sharkbytes said...

I'm really impressed. I only made more articles for cash. Boring, but necessary.

Leslie said...

That photo looks really cool. mmm vanilla..

ceemee said...

Love the photos on your blog!

Unknown said...

I love to see what you have made. Your photos are so beautiful.

Kim said...

What a beautifully productive day.

LiPeony said...

homemade vanilla extract now that is cool and pesto too.. mmm ... if only I was not so lazy >_<

Additionsstyle said...

Wow I wish I was that productive with my time, sounds like a great day!

Suz said...

How lovely...both the vanilla and the cordial!