Google+ What I Made Today: 29 Faces #5

Saturday, May 5, 2012

29 Faces #5


The sun has just popped out and I've got to get outdoors. So I'm posting today's 29 Faces image and heading out to the gardens. This image was such fun to create. I'm a notorious doodler and for years have worked exclusively with pen. This past winter has really awakened a love of paint and all the ways it can be used, applied, worked. So this exercise involved using paint and brush to create the image, from start to finish, atop a mixed media surface. I had never done that before, drawn with paint. It was refreshing. I learned. And I will be doing it again.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

16 comments:

Effy said...

Ohhhhhhh.....

She's sunshine and roses and new mown grass all in one.

Joyce said...

Just checked out your five faces you have completed so far - different, colourful, great! Joyce

Cynthia said...

As Claude Monet become older he developed cataracts and his paintings became bolder with color. This piece, with its strong reds, yellows and blues reminds me of that. Beautiful.

Sunshineshelle said...

Those colours are deliciously melty :)Beautiful work & enjoy the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Love her. Mesmerized by her tilted gaze ...

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!! Super lovely

Adaptable Kay said...

Oooh, she's beautiful! I love the mixed media look to her :)

Unknown said...

So pretty! Ironic that you were off to the garden - she kind of reminds me of a garden.

manomij said...

I am just catching up with some more of your faces. I love them all but I keep going back to number 4. I think it is going to be my favourite one up to now!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I so appreciate all your comments. Truly, they are encouraging and motivating ~ like delicious nourishment.

Some are, I must say, "too" kind and generous ~ if there's such a thing.

In any event, to all of you … may your kindness return to you a-thousand-fold!

Zoe said...

Oh this is just beautiful, I actually gasped when I saw her, lol! Wow. You did a really fantastic job with this.

Unknown said...

Lovely face , it says sunshine and gardens to me

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

A beautiful garden goddess! she looks like she has leafs in her hair.

artlover said...

Beautiful colors!
Looking forward to seeing more of your new found love ;-)

Tammie Lee said...

hello Rose,
i love the light you created in this, she is lovely and perfect on the back ground.

i find it can be freeing to paint as you have, no sketch, just paint and paint until you are happy.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

This is beautiful, love the colors... very well blended.
Keep up the great work!! :]