Google+ What I Made Today: 30 of 29 Faces and More

Thursday, May 31, 2012

30 of 29 Faces and More


Today I got another 18 tomato plants in the earth, 18 cucumber plants too. I still have more tomatoes and tomatillos and peppers to get to, and more basil and parsley too. And onions and leeks. And still some seeds.

I did more preparation for the lecture I'm offering at this Saturday's HerbFest Country Fair, harvested a boatload of rhubarb and did some grocery shopping.


I inventoried my 29 Faces and realized I missed posting the little face at the top of this post, a tiny entry in a multi-day spread. The green-eye flower girl and the three (possibly unfinished) sisters from these past couple of days catch me up and actually surpass the 29 Faces in May commitment by one.


These faces filled up my Book of Days, titled, "Connections." So today I finished the cover for my next Book of Days art journal, and it pretty much continues the theme, only … different. Sorta.


The Boy has the next few days off, and we're sure to get a lot done, what with the magic of synergy and all. Saturday I'll be at Holcomb Farm in Granby, Connecticut celebrating and enjoying the HerbFest Country Fair. I sure to see some of you there! 

That's what I made today.

Peace.

9 comments:

Nichola said...

Holy smokes you've been busy! What do you do with your rhubarb? I love that stuff :)

Jan Conwell said...

So funny how the seasons roll for each of us. It's almost time to let the garden rest for us until it cools off...we can't grow Rhubarb here because the heat kills it. Enjoy!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I have been busy, Nichola … in fact, I managed an hour nap too! As for the rhubarb, I do many things. I make rhubarb mead and wine, I make a concentrate of the juice to freeze, I infuse it in vinegar (with sugar), I make preserves (jams) and simmer it for the freezer too.

I know, Jan … :) … enjoy the down-time that your garden offers you during the heat of summer. And enjoy creating those gorgeous dolls that you make!

Carol said...

Your faces are all adorable. I've been under the weather the last few days and barely got 29 faces done by the end of the month.
I need to get out and finish planting my garden too. Hopefully this week end :0)

Shadow Dog Designs said...

Have enjoyed each and every one of your faces, Rose. The green eyed girl today is absolutely stunning. LOVE rhubarb. Give me a rhubarb pie any day of the week :)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

These faces are fabulous!! :]
Congratulations on completing all 29, such an inspiring journey... keep "arting".

Kim said...

I love, LOVE all the faces. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Ayala Art said...

I have to do some gardening as well, nothing too complicated though...
I want to thank you for participating in the challenge! See you in the next one, if you have a chance!

Unknown said...

Well done and I love the three sisters! I like that composition alot! Happy gardening!