Google+ What I Made Today: A Commitment to Process - 29 Faces #7

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Commitment to Process - 29 Faces #7


Today I prepped a number of pages in a few art journals. I like to do that so I can express an image or some words at a moment's notice. I can be impatient like that, so … I plan ahead. Besides, I groove on building backgrounds, it's such an active meditation.

I prepped more garden today too, and planted about 60 baby onion plants, Bianca Di Maggio, an Italian heirloom. Tomorrow, if the weather cooperates (and maybe even if it doesn't) I'll get in another 60 or so of Yellow of Parma, another Italian heirloom. Both will be next winter's onions. I have another flat going of both as well. Onions and garlic, can you ever grow too many?

I started another sketch for my 29 Faces challenge, again to practice drawing with paint. I will choose to be a bit braver with this one, and take it further … to add and correct light and shadow, and more. Enjoy the image now, because you may never see it again. That's what's awesome about such exercises - I'm committed to the process, where lessons are gleaned, and not to the outcome.

That's what living is.

That's what I made today.

Peace.

14 comments:

Dedra Shahan said...

Enjoying your challenge. Your creativity inspires me.

Effy said...

You are totally making me want to challenge myself to do a face with paint *only*.

Lisa said...

Love your blue girl. So serene!

Katie said...

That is so COOL! Perhaps my next "outside-the-box" art adventure needs to be paint. I'm glad you said what you did about process! Sometimes I forget that that's the most important part! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Misty Frederick-Ritz, Contemporary Artist & Instructor said...

I SO get what you're saying about creating backgrounds and meditation! To me, the process is very freeing...and joy-filled. I often have several on hand, but they're dwindling down, so it's soon time to make more. Too bad we don't live closer, we could all hang out and make them together! Enjoy your blog!

Misty (Raven Hollow Studio)
www.mistysart.com
www.mistysart.blogspot.com

Mamá Osa said...

Wow! I love it, love the lights :)

Tammie Lee said...

i love your way with exploration
with layering paint and having fun

quite inspiring and i like what i see

Jan Conwell said...

Your Faces adventure is inspiring, Rosemary. The blue lady is indeed a peaceful spirit.

And I will live vicariously through your garden for the next few months because ours is on it's way out with this heat. (We garden from September to May. :~)

Lindsay said...

Beautiful tones :)

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Another lovely girl from you, Rose. You are so right about art being an "active Meditation" What a beautiful way of describing it.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

She looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing her progress. :)

Face Of Love said...

She is beautiful! - so much expression, so peaceful :)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Love all the blues, great work! :]

Cat Stegall said...

Love your journals! thanks for popping in at my blog..will be looking at yours for more inspiration!