Google+ What I Made Today: The Most of this Rainy Day!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Most of this Rainy Day!

It has been an eventful week - by my standards anyway.

Monday started in sharing time with my friend Kim. She makes great cold process soap and I was blessed to witness her in action, and this experience melted away every anxiety I ever had about trying it! Plus, I called in the spirit of my spouse's paternal grandmother who I never met, but who is remembered for her homemade soaps.

Tuesday was spent with a delightful herbal student. Wednesday morning was shared with Laura Rose of The Purple Rose Healing Center for some preparation for Thursday's Discovering Nature's Spirit radio show on Reiki. Friday's mail delivered my Ambassador of Lovely package with just distracted me with great delight! And if you haven't viewed The Beckoning of Lovely yet, I hope you will now. And somewhere in the past week the boy took a stab at putting one of his whimsy pieces up for auction on eBay and there's still a day left to bid (hint, hint)! 

But it was Monday's verve that captured me all week.  In honor grandmother Elisabeth, I rendered my own tallow.

The boy made me a lovely pine form.
I made my first-ever batch of soap.
And while it's not perfect, it is lovely and I am delighted!

So now - I'm off to make the most of this misty, rainy Saturday! 

13 comments:

LiPeony said...

that looks cool... never seen soap made so you must have a great time learning! It does sound like you had a great week chock full of learning and discovery.. kudos!

Unknown said...

good for you! your soap came out great!

Kim Caro said...

ooh i love the soap process its so fascinating to me. i never made my own.

Leslie said...

soap does look cool. What kind is it? Isn't trying new things fun? You have a really cool blog too!

Sarah Jane said...

Neat! I hope you really enjoy using your new homemade soap. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you...and what a lovely mold! I make hot process soap...my friend just blogged about it at http://ottoman.typepad.com

Happy Soaping!!

Luthien Thye said...

nice! i was contemplating making some soap once... now i must contemplate again :))))) yours look really cool :)

Home Deconomics said...

Wow, rendering your own tallow. That takes handmade soap to a whole different level!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fabulous, I've always wanted to try making soap. Afraid I would need to borrow you spirit helper though as I haven't a clue on where to begin.

April said...

how cool...I'll make my own soap one day. one day...

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Fantastic!

Kim said...

Looks beautiful! Once you've been bitten by the soap bug there is no turning back.

Nao said...

You do get up to some great things~