Google+ What I Made Today: A Commitment

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Commitment

Well, I actually made the commitment a while back, but today kicked it off. Today is day #1 of The Three Week Challenge, a holistic challenge of sorts, that engages word and art, prayer and physical movement, plus the support of a dedicated buddy, not to mention a community of divine feminine power. So today I wrote morning pages, created a dream in my art journal, blessed it with a prayer and walked the dog for a full half-hour. It feels good.

And here's the bag I made yesterday from an old pair of jeans. I dig it.

That's it!

11 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Your purse is great....I have a "jean" purse and I just love it!!!!
Robin
CreationsAnew

Unknown said...

thats very cool :))!! a full half hour!!! in this cold??!! you are braver than i am :))!!! or my dogs, for that matter ;).

Divaeva said...

What a fantastic bag!
I played in my art journal today too! Relaxing and getting ready for a kick butt busy week!
*hugs*

Luthien Thye said...

what a great bag and a great way to recycle :)

Anonymous said...

Thatz a lovely bag! i love it! n_n

Kim Caro said...

very cool my cousin loves making those purses. i like light jeans better than dark with the purse

LiPeony said...

great jean bag... sounds like you had a very relaxing day... kudos to you...

shauna said...

Love the bag! You did a great job on it! I remember doing those when I was a girl back in the late '60's, early 70's. Back then if you were cool at all you had a "jeans purse"! LOL! Complete with patches of a peace sign, flowers, American flag, etc. I'm doing the challenge too! I can't do the walking part but I have some other physical things I can do if I am careful.

kairen said...

that bag is awesome...wish i was a bit more adept at sewing =(

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone! I enjoyed making the bag ... and have another in mind. The act of creating it took me back to the days of my teens ... days I am relating to in grand ways these days. Dig it.

:)

Zom said...

Nice bag. I would love to see the dream you created in your journal (if you feel like sharing).