Google+ What I Made Today: a break in tradition

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a break in tradition

Yesterday I made a decision. I decided to make a break from tradition. The elements that work with weather (with whether?) played a role in this decision, in this cutting away from patterns past. I will be staying put for the holiday of Thanksgiving. I will not be traveling the highways west and north. I will not be sharing this holiday with my mother. I am relieved and delighted, and I am disappointed and saddened.

Yesterday was an emotionally exhausting day for me. In it I faced a number of realizations about myself and about my relationships with those I love ... here and there. I'm still digesting this seemingly simple decision and act, just as I will be digesting the riches and richness of the upcoming celebratory food of Thanksgiving.

More later.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. good for you. i'll be thinking of you while i'm curled up in my jammies on my couch on thursday afternoon! :)

Crystal said...

Old habits die hard, but what they make space for with their passing can be even more beautiful.

Best to you at this celebration of harvest and gratitude.

Jen said...

Wishing you much peace and many blessings this Thanksgiving.

Divaeva said...

I hope you have a wonderfully peacful thanksgiving...we are letting Marty Moose cook our turkey at the Bugaboo! Easier to go out when you work retail!
*hugs*

Kim said...

You go girl - follow your heart!

Anonymous said...

So Mote It Be!

Hope you are enjoying your Turkey Day. Hope your able to focus on the relief and delight more then the later.

BB, Ry